What's new in Caucus 4.5
(Last revised 14 May 2003.)
Caucus 4.5 highlights include:
- Two different "WYSWYG" (what you see is what you get) or word-processor style editors, built into Caucus, for writing your items and responses.
- Extensions to the FileSafe:
- Ability to store URLs as well as files
- Ability to sort filesafe sections by name, owner, description, date, or keyword.
- Add custom header text (including CML functions) to each FileSafe page.
- When managers send e-mail to "everyone" (in a conference, group, or site), they may also see the e-mail distribution list first.
- An automatic CSNAP tool, that continuously updates your HTML-published snapshots of a set of conferences.
- Conference "aliases". Tired of the first-letter-of-each-word capitalization that Caucus does by default? Now display your conference names exactly the way you want them to appear.
- Enabling e-mail notification in a conference automatically adds the required "Caucus user" to the users included in the conference.
- "Forgot your password?" feature is substantially improved. Now it sends an e-mail to the user, containing a link that they can click to change their password to whatever they like. The password is not changed until then.
- New Caucus interfaces may be created by Caucus managers. Managers may also directly edit the CML files that define an interface, from within Caucus.